Would you like to be a part of one of Portland’s phenomenal summer events? Celebrate Bastille Day, the National French Day of Independence, in Portland on Saturday, July 9 by volunteering. With vendors, entertainment, children’s activities and the renowned Waiters Race, it takes many volunteers to make this event successful in furthering French culture in the Portland Metro Area.
Each year we look for at least 80-100 enthusiastic volunteers to assist in the following areas:
- Set up – booth decor (10)
- Waiters Race – setup, judging (10)
- Childrens Activities – tickets, oversee arts & crafts (8)
- Entertainment – assist with setup and teardown of musical acts (3)
- Volunteer Desk – check in & check out volunteers (4)
- Chamboule tout (game) (3)
- Roamers (4)
- Tear down (6)
A Volunteer Orientation Meeting will be scheduled for early July to review tasks, park layout, handout event and volunteer schedule and to answer questions.
We ask for at least 2 hours of volunteer time and more if you are able. Volunteers working a minimum of 4 hours will receive complimentary food and water. We look forward to hearing from you. Please sign up using the Online Volunteer Form to volunteer, and email email@example.com with questions.