Alliance Française de Portland – Groupes de Conversation at St. Honoré, Chez Machin, Little Bird, Lapellah Restaurant and Vie de Bohème winery.
These six Alliance Française conversation groups are hosted by native-speaking Alliance teachers, board members or volunteers. Participation is free. No pre-registration is required. Drop-ins welcome. All levels welcome. Attendance ranges from 5 to 25 people.
- First and third Wednesdays of each month, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m., at St. Honoré Boulangerie at 2335 NW Thurman Street in NW Portland.
- First Tuesday of each month, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m., in the bar at Little Bird Restaurant, 219 SW 6th Ave, in downtown Portland.
- Once Monthly, 5:45 – 6:45 p.m., at Lapellah Restaurant (2520 Columbia House Blvd) in Vancouver, Wash.
- Second Monday of each month, 7:00-8:30 p.m., at Chez Machin, 3553 SE Hawthorne Boulevard.
- Every Sunday, 4:00-5:30 p.m., in the tasting room of the Vie de Bohème, 1530 SE 7th Avenue (at Clay).
- The first and third Tuesdays of each month, 6:00-7:00 p.m., at St. Honoré, 315 1st Street, Lake Oswego. Note that this group does not meet in October, but starts anew in November 2012.
Contact: email@example.com or call 503.223.8388
See the list below for groups in Oregon and Southwest Washington, organzied by location.
Alliance Group at St. Honoré Boulangerie at 2335 NW Thurman Street, first and third Wednesdays of each month, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Hosted by Richard Sullivan, Alliance board member.
Groupe francophone: Meets Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon at The Mezz Espresso Bar, located in Whole Foods in the Pearl District, at the corner of NW 12th and Burnside. This group tends to be for advanced/fluent levels. Contact: David Gardner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Alliance group at Chez Machin: Crêpes et Conversation: Meets the second Monday of each month, 7:00-8:30 p.m., Chez Machin, 3553 SE Hawthorne Boulevard. Hosted by Alliance board member Jennifer Coyne (email@example.com).
Alliance Group, les Copains du Dimanche: Meets every Sunday, 4:00-5:30 p.m., in the tasting room of the Vie de Bohème winery, 1530 SE 7th Avenue (at Clay). Hosted by Alliance board member Jennifer Coyne (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Samedi au Village: Grand Central Bakery – Multnomah Village, 3425 SW Multnomah Boulevard, Portland, OR 97219. Meets on Saturdays, 3:30-5:00 p.m. Contact: Stephane Cohen (email@example.com).
Alliance Group at St. Honoré in Lake Oswego: Effective November 2012, meets the first and third Tuesday of each month, 6:00-7:00 p.m., St. Honoré, 315 1st Street, Lake Oswego. Hosted by Alliance president Lisa Brock (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Alliance Group at Little Bird: Meets the first Tuesday of each month, 3:00-5:00 p.m., at Little Bird, 219 SW 6th. Hosted by Alliance staff member.
NORTH and NE PORTLAND
North Portland Language Exchange: Each Tuesday, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., 512 N. Killingsorth St., Portland, OR 97217. 503.988.5394, www.multcolib.org and search “French” under Events.
Alliance group in Vancouver at Lapellah: Once monthly at 5:45 – 6:45 p.m., at Lapellah Restaurant (2520 Columbia House Blvd) in Vancouver, Wash. hosted by Alliance staff member. See Alliance bulletins for current month’s schedule.