Alliance Française de Portland – Groupes de Conversation at St. Honoré, Chez Machin, Gustav’s, and Vie de Bohème.
These Alliance Française conversation groups are hosted by persons who are Alliance board members or volunteers. Participation is free. No pre-registration is required. Drop-ins welcome. Attendance ranges from 5 to 25 people. Levels can vary by group.
- First and third Wednesdays of each month, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., at St. Honoré Boulangerie at 2335 NW Thurman Street in NW Portland. All levels welcome.
- First Saturday of each month, 11:00 a.m.-noon., at Palio’s Dessert & Espresso House, 1996 SE Ladd Avenue. Hosted by AF Volunteers. Advanced/Fluent level.
- Second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m., at Gustav’s (1705 SE 164th Ave., Vancouver, Washington). Hosted by Sheryl Meservey. All levels welcome.
- Second Monday of each month, 7:00-8:30 p.m., at Chez Machin, 3553 SE Hawthorne Boulevard. Hosted by Jennifer Coyne. All levels welcome.
- Every Sunday, 4:00-5:30 p.m., in the tasting room of the Vie de Bohème, 1530 SE 7th Avenue (at Clay). All levels welcome.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.223.8388
See the list below for groups in Oregon and Southwest Washington, organized by location.
NORTHWEST AND CENTRAL PORTLAND
Alliance Group at St. Honoré Boulangerie at 2335 NW Thurman Street, first and third Wednesdays of each month, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. All levels welcome.
Groupe francophone: Meets Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon at The Mezz Espresso Bar, located in Whole Foods in the Pearl District, at the corner of NW 12th and Burnside. Contact Frank Cardinaux for more information. This group tends to be for advanced/fluent levels.
Fluent/Advanced French Conversation Group: Meets the first Saturday of each month from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. The group will meet November 7 at Palio’s Dessert & Espresso House, 1996 SE Ladd Avenue, Portland 97214. Hosted by AF Volunteers. Native, fluent and advanced speakers welcome.
Alliance group at Chez Machin: Crêpes et Conversation: Meets the second Monday of each month, 7:00-8:30 p.m., Chez Machin, 3553 SE Hawthorne Boulevard. Hosted by Alliance board member Jennifer Coyne. Contact Jennifer for more information. All levels welcome.
Alliance Group, les Copains du Dimanche: Meets every Sunday, 4:00-5:30 p.m., in the tasting room of Vie de Bohème, 1530 SE 7th Avenue (at Clay). Hosted by Alliance board member Jennifer Coyne. Contact Jennifer for more information. All levels welcome.
Samedi au Village: Grand Central Bakery – Multnomah Village, 3425 SW Multnomah Boulevard, Portland, OR 97219. Meets on Saturdays, 3:30-5:00 p.m. Contact Stephane Cohen for more information. All levels welcome.
North Portland Language Exchange: Each Tuesday, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., 512 N. Killingsworth St., Portland, OR 97217. 503.988.5394. Go to www.multcolib.org and search “French” under Events. All levels welcome.
Alliance group in Vancouver at Gustav’s: Second Tuesday of the month at 5:30 p.m, at 1705 SE 164th Ave., Vancouver, Washington. Note: Merci to Alliance member Sheryl Meservey for leading the group, which draws 10-15 participants.
The Corvallis group, in its 50th year as of 2014, averages 25-30 people for its weekly meetings (Tuesday mornings 10-12). For further info contact Jody Altendorf. All levels welcome.