Featured Portland French Events
The Alliance Française holds cultural events throughout the year, large and small. They are mostly in English and are open to the public. Come join us!
The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
Guests must pay the non-member price. Please note that a reservation is only confirmed upon receiving payment.
If tickets are available, the Alliance can accept payment at the door by credit card, check, or cash.
- Registration for Alliance Française events can be made in person at our office, over the phone, by mail, or through the web site.
- Please make all checks payable to: Alliance Française de Portland. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Refunds will be automatically issued if the Alliance cancels an event.
- If you need to cancel your registration for an event, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to the start of the program, and you will be fully credited toward a future event.
- Refunds must be requested in writing no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event and will incur a 4% credit card processing fee.
Try Something New Week - December 13-17
It's time to mark your calendars for December special programs! Try Something New Week workshops are now arriving and more are being added to the schedule throughout October.
During the long winter break, the Alliance offers French learning experiences that go with the holiday spirit. Treat yourself to something exclusive and entertaining, or try something you haven't had a change to do this year, before it's over.
SPECIAL OFFER: Buy one, get half off the second workshop. Use the code HalfOff at checkout.
Advanced Level - CECR B2/C1
Intro to French Surrealism & Creative Writing
Do you love word games like Mad Libs? Do you wish you could take a moment to just write spontaneously in French? Do you enjoy learning about unconventional literary movements? If you answered “oui!” to any of these questions, you will love this workshop on Surrealism. After learning the basics of the history of the movement and reading extracts of André Breton’s “Manifeste du surréalisme”, you’ll have the chance to try your hand at a few surrealist activities yourself. The focus of the workshop...