Featured Portland French Events
The Alliance Française holds cultural events throughout the year, large and small. They are mostly in English and are open to the public. Come join us!
The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
Guests must pay the non-member price. Please note that a reservation is only confirmed upon receiving payment.
If tickets are available, the Alliance can accept payment at the door by credit card, check, or cash.
- Registration for Alliance Française events can be made in person at our office, over the phone, by mail, or through the web site.
- Please make all checks payable to: Alliance Française de Portland. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Refunds will be automatically issued if the Alliance cancels an event.
- If you need to cancel your registration for an event, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to the start of the program, and you will be fully credited toward a future event.
- Refunds must be requested in writing no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event and will incur a 4% credit card processing fee.
Get a head start on the next level, have an in-depth review and practice during the long break between Fall and Winter term! Kick-start French Program is a 4-day intensive brush-up class (2.5 hours per day with two short beaks) offered for A1, A2 and B1 level students. Each class will focus on grammar, vocabulary and conversation skills. Note that this is not a repeat of summer program. This winter, we'll treat you with holiday themed classes!
The 4-day program price is $199. Early registration price is $170, until November 23. Use code Kickstart at checkout.
Beginning students (A1, Edito 103-106)
Solidify basic grammar and vocabulary while learning about winter holiday traditions in the French speaking world. Review numbers while taking the Parisian metro to Galeries Lafayettes to buy holiday gifts. Identify the items in Santa’s sleigh and describe your holiday wish list. Follow Santa’s sleigh around the world, and talk about your own holiday travel plans. Learn about French culinary traditions and compare them with your own.
Monday through Thursday, December 6-9
NEW Morning Session 10am-12pm
Morning Session 9-11:30am