Featured Portland French Events
The Alliance Française holds cultural events throughout the year, large and small. They are mostly in English and are open to the public. Come join us!
The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
Guests must pay the non-member price. Please note that a reservation is only confirmed upon receiving payment.
If tickets are available, the Alliance can accept payment at the door by credit card, check, or cash.
- Registration for Alliance Française events can be made in person at our office, over the phone, by mail, or through the web site.
- Please make all checks payable to: Alliance Française de Portland. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Refunds will be automatically issued if the Alliance cancels an event.
- If you need to cancel your registration for an event, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to the start of the program, and you will be fully credited toward a future event.
- Refunds must be requested in writing no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event and will incur a 4% credit card processing fee.
The Alliance’s free weekly conversation group on Zoom, run by board members and other volunteers, is available for drop-in conversation on Wednesday nights at 5:15pm.
It attracts 20-30 registrants who converse in small groups (Breakout Rooms) of 4-5 people for 3-4 segments of 14 minutes. The groups get re-created/mixed so that everyone gets to chat with a new group-
Levels include lower-intermediate to advanced and native-level speakers. Most high-A2 to C1 students can feel comfortable in this mixed-level conversational setting. Not sure of your level? Check in with the AF Portland office for guidance.
Sign up to be added to the reminder emails for upcoming sessions (no need to sign up again if you’ve already signed up for an earlier session). These free groups are for Alliance members only. Sign up here for memberships. (Just $36 provides membership benefits for a full year and is tax-deductible. )
Register for Apéro-Conversation Reminder Emails