Featured Portland French Events
The Alliance Française holds cultural events throughout the year, large and small. They are mostly in English and are open to the public. Come join us!
The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
Guests must pay the non-member price. Please note that a reservation is only confirmed upon receiving payment.
If tickets are available, the Alliance can accept payment at the door by credit card, check, or cash.
- Registration for Alliance Française events can be made in person at our office, over the phone, by mail, or through the web site.
- Please make all checks payable to: Alliance Française de Portland. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Refunds will be automatically issued if the Alliance cancels an event.
- If you need to cancel your registration for an event, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to the start of the program, and you will be fully credited toward a future event.
- Refunds must be requested in writing no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event and will incur a 4% credit card processing fee.
French on the Go, the 4 week drop-in workshop series, opens this winter with a flurry of new offerings to fire up your French language skills. Each week explores a different topic or theme and are offered as drop-in workshops ($28) or the bundle of four ($105). The next series of workshops begin February 15, 2021.
FRENCH LANGUAGE ORIENTED WORKSHOPS (A1 to C1)
Exercise Your Grammar: Musical Edition
A2/B1 level: Wednesdays 10:30-12:00pm.
Who said studying grammar can't be fun? In this workshop you will improve your French grammar with contemporary French music.
Workshop 1 (A2/B1): Le passé composé and l'imparfait with Ainsi valse la vie, Black M.
Workshop 2 (A2/B1): Les questions and la description personnelle with Qui c'est celle là ?, Nach.
B2/C1 level, Wednesdays 6-7:30pm.
This series of workshops will allow you not only to develop your translation skills, but also learn how the French language works “from inside out” by comparing and contrasting it with English. Each workshop will introduce a specific translation challenge, illustrated...