The Benefits of Membership
Annual memberships to the Alliance start at $36, are valid for a year (multi-year options are available), and provide the benefits below:
- Invitations and discounts to French-themed social events such as wine-tastings, dinners, private film screenings, and more.
- Major discounts and privileges at 15 French-themed restaurants, retailers and service providers, called Les Amis.
- Access to the Alliance’s collection of DVDs: 250 “top hits” contemporary and classic films. The majority are subtitled. Borrowing is complimentary for members.
- Free use of the Alliance’s lending library of two thousand books.
- Organization members have options for promoting their service/products in Alliance bulletins. See details at the end of this page.
- Alliance classes are available only to Alliance members.
The Worldwide Network
The Alliance Française is headquartered in Paris and has close to 1,000 chapters worldwide. The Portland chapter is the 11th largest in the U.S. It was started in 1933, fell dormant during WWII, and was reinstated in 1983 as a teaching Alliance. Individual chapters are self-funded nonprofit organizations with 501(c)3 status.
Membership Rates and Options
|Type of Membership & Features/Benefits||1-Year Rate||3-Year Rate
The benefits of membership apply to the cardholder.
All benefits of membership apply equally to all immediate family members.
For students in an accredited post-secondary school.
For small businesses, companies or organizations - includes a 'welcome' article in the bulletin.
|Patron Cercle de Platine|
Membership privileges apply for the individual and immediate family; additional recognition includes an invitation to special events.
A lifetime individual membership to the Alliance Française de Portland, with no expiration.
Make a tax-deductible donation to the Alliance Française; contributions support cultural progamming.
Les Amis de l’Alliance: Discount Privileges
Click here to see the entire list of businesses who participate in the Les Amis de l’Alliance program; they offer 10% off (and sometimes more) to card-carrying Alliance members.
Organization Memberships Offer Special Features
For-profit Organization members can submit 1-2 articles per year for the Alliance bulletin and may be mentioned in seasonal promotions, on a space-available basis. Nonprofit Organization members (including the fields of education and host-exchange programs) similarly can submit 1-2 complimentary entries/articles/promotions per year. Organization members may be included in seasonal promotions by invitation. Additional individual postings for nonprofit members are $50 ($40 for nonprofits) per occurrence, and are subject to the discretion of the Alliance and space limitations. Organization members can request participation in the Les Amis program; this requires current membership and offering of 10% discounts to members.
Le Petit Débrouillard à Portland
This is a French-language guide to Portland for newcomers; prepared by the Alliance of Portland in cooperation with the Consulate of France in San Francisco. Visit Le Petit Débrouillard.