Explore the wines and spirits of alpine france on August 21
There is something magical about Alpine wines. The high altitude and river valleys filled with the limestone and scree of glaciers produce crisp, bright wines of purity and freshness. Drinking these wines is like breathing cold, fresh mountain air!
"...a little off the beaten path, these wines also typically represent good value. Which means Alpine wines are pitch-perfect for year-round drinking, but especially during summer, when warm-weather picnics and outdoor grilling call for something fresh and fun." Jennifer Fiedler, imbibemagazine.com
Hoke Harden will be your guide and sommelier. He is a Certified Specialist of Wine, attended the FWS Master Program for Vins de Provence and the Maison de Rosé, is a US Ambassador for Pineau des Charentes, and a BNIC Certified Cognac Educator.
August tasting list:
• Renardat-Fache, Bugey-Cerdon, Méthode Ancestrale
• Philippe & Sylvain Ravier, Les Abymes, Savoie
• Vins Ravier Apremont, le Clos Saint André, Savoie
• Domaine Lupin, Roussette Cru Frangy, Savoie
• Domaine des Ardoisières Argile Blanc, Vin du Allobroges, Savoie
• Franck Peillot, Mondeuse, Bugey
• Bonal Gentiane, Chambery, Savoie