LEARNING FRENCH AT THE ALLIANCE
Why Learn French?
Talk to more people! There are more than 200 million French speakers on the five continents. French is the second most widely learned foreign language in the world after English.
A knowledge of French opens the doors of companies in France and other French-speaking parts of the world (Canada, Switzerland, Belgium and Africa).
Speaking French opens up opportunities at renowned French universities and business schools, ranked among the top higher education institutions in Europe and the world.
French is a beautiful, rich, melodious language, often called the language of love. French is also an analytical language
that structures thought and develops critical thinking.
FRENCH FOR ADULTS
Adult classes (18+) are taught in French by a native-fluent instructor in a stress-free, exam-free environment.
• Core classes are general French classes that develop the acquisition of the four competencies for mastering a foreign language: oral
comprehension, oral production, written comprehension, and written production.
• Specialty classes are designed to help the student acquire specific skills in depth, such as grammar or conversation.
• Cultural classes are centered around particular cultural fields – such as history, literature, or art – and are predominently conversational in approach.
• Mini Classes: are a perfect opportunity to keep studying French without a long commitment. Each class targets a specific area or theme. Mini classes are offered in a series of 4-weeks, 1h30 hours per session.
Annual SHORT PROGRAMS
• Kick Start: An intensive series of in-depth review and practice
sessions over four days, with 2.5 hours of class each day for A1, A2, and B1 level students. The material is provided by the teacher and
covers topics from prior core classes, often presented with a seasonal theme.
• Try Something New Week (TSNW): An exclusive week of workshops in March, these two hour sessions cover an extensive range of
predominently cultural subjects. TSNW is offered for A1 through C1 level students.
Available to start year round, these made-to-measure lessons can be one-on-one or in small group classes. Students focus on particular skills or competencies. Visit the private class page.
In response to COVID19, the Alliance has been keeping its social distance by only offering online classes. In 2022 we will begin to integrate online and In Person classes, starting with In Person classes for children Winter Term.