For April, we will explore the small independent producers, the little-known locations, the mavericks. Taste some grape, pear and apple varieties you’ve never had before—and some blends you’re never even imagined before. We’ll taste several ciders and a variety of wines from these regions.
Hoke Harden will be your guide and sommelier. Hoke is a Certified Specialist of Wine, attended the FWS Master Program for Vins de Provence and the Maison de Rosé, is a US Ambassador for Pineau des Charentes, and a BNIC Certified Cognac Educator.
The Alliance Wine Club meets monthly, usually on the third Sunday of the month.
In April we will taste these ciders and wines:
• Le Val du Chevre, Cidre Fermier Brut, Breton Farmhouse Cider
• Sydre Argelette, Eric Bordelet
• Poiré Granit, Eric Bordelet
• Le Pere Jules, Pommeau de Normandie
• Armorica Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc/Chardonnay/Pinot Gris, VdF
• Domaine La Fruitiére Folle Blanche, Pays Nantais, 2021
• Cru Clisson, Muscadet, Domaine Fruitiere, 2018
• Meriau Sauvignon de Touraine, L’ Arpent de Vaudons 2020
• Domaine Laurier, L’ Alliance Savennieres, 2020
• François Chidaine, Gamay de Touraine, 2021
• Domaine de la Bergerie, La Cerisaie, Coteau du Layon, 2020
Reserve Your Place
This in-person tasting will be held Sunday, April 23, from 3:30-5:30 at the Alliance Française at 1425 SW 20th Avenue.
General admission is $45, with a $5 discount automatically applied for current