Like many European wines, Bordeaux wines are named after the region in which they are produced. Bordeaux is a wine region in France about three hours south of Paris and is well known for its world-class winemaking.
The area has a mild ocean climate courtesy of the Atlantic Ocean and is home to over 6,000 winemakers producing in mainly family-run estates. The famous wine region is well-known for its elite pours, historical vineyards and mouth-watering blends.
Hoke Harden will be your guide and sommelier. Hoke is a Certified Specialist of Wine, attended the FWS Master Program for Vins de Provence and the Maison de Rosé, is a US Ambassador for Pineau des Charentes, and a BNIC Certified Cognac Educator.
The Alliance Wine Club meets monthly, usually on the third Sunday of the month.
In May we will taste these wines of Bordeaux:
• Château Magneau, Graves Blanc, 2020
• Château La Grolet, Côtes de Bourg, 2020
• Château Beausejour, Fronsac, 2019
• Château Vieux Chevrol, Lalande-de-Pomerol, 2018
• Château Vieux Plaisance, Montagne St-Emilion, 2018
• Château Gueyrosse, Saint-Emilion Grand Cru, 2011
• Château La Bourée, Castillon Côtes, 2019
• Château Poitevin, Haut-Medoc, Cru Bourgeois, 2016
• Château Teynac, St. Julien, Haut-Medoc, 2014